Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Cavalry Fitness Test


Tim's newest boss is a proudly sadistic infantryman. He decided there were certian standards that would help any calvary man during his deployment. The follow is what is required of each 1/40th soldier:

**Max Bench Press with goal @ 300lbs.

**40 Yard Dash

**10 mile run in 75 minutes

**8 event obstacle course to include (while dressed in body armor, helmet and rifle weighing around 30 lbs.)
-rope course
-440 yard run while "fireman carrying" 180 lb dummy
-rope climb 8 ft wall

All of this is done at one setting...they start around 9:00 and finish up early afternoon. Tim got his done early and is glad to only have to sit and help each new group.

It's a little frightening when you put it all into the context of war. These events will help them train and prepare for spending days clearing Iraqi villages.

That's all I want to say about that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Better you than me Davis. Good job! SAMS is the only challenge I get these days--an intellectual one as opposed to a physical one. Interviewed with III Corps and was told, "We'll see you in May". I guess that means I got a job. Not sure if I will go to the Corps or a division headquarters. I suspect it will be the Corps since I transferred to FA 59. Amanda and I were viewing your blog and she said with my second knee surgery and an impending elbow surgery she's glad I transferred CFDs. I'll let the hooahs do the real soldiering, I'll do the mental lifting. Scary thought huh?
Be safe and keep your feet and knee together. When are you going to Jumpmaster School. Get ready for the challenge. Ha! It is no joke. You will no doubt feel one of the greatest sense of military accomplishment you have ever felt.
Hey Donna, where are pictures of Tim? He must be working too much to pose for pictures. Let's see a pic of Tim's office and him nugging. Miss you both tremendously! Perhaps I will see you in Iraq next year Tim. If I end up at III Corps you will know where to find me.
Take care guys,
Kent