Monday, October 22, 2007

To bring you up to date...

alright. Since the beginning of September, I have:

*had 2 SLUMBER birthday parties

*started my littlest in preschool

*passed the 365 day mark

*watched a 20 month old starting at 6 AM(!!!) every morning while her parents were in between babysitters

*hosted a few meetings and a couple of non-kid parties

*made an Ares(greek god of war) costume

*found, bought, and accepted into my home-AND priced over 12(BIG)boxes of
"merchandise" for the Spouses Club

*ordered yet another set of flowers for a young boy's funeral

*bought(and returned) a new kitchen table

*killed and jump started batteries in 2 different vehicles (in the same day mind you)

*drove-in blinding snow-in OCTOBER to get a "playdate"

*spent more money than any normal person should on food from Costco-with 4 kids in tow

not to mention taking out the trash, laundry, dishes, bills, homework, cleaning toilets and scooping poop(my personal favorite!)

I don't make many statements like this, but...if anyone asks your opinion-ever...
15 months is damn near intolerable...12 is ok, but 12 1/2 starts to get under your skin...

Looks like it will be by Jamison b-day...barely...but the good news is, I got the kiddos to agree-pizza and ice cream for Thanksgiving dinner...no 3 days of thawing out a 20 pound turkey for the masses this year!!!!!

Yeah, I know...boo hoo me...my family is healthy and safe and my home isn't in danger of catching on fire anytime soon...

Gotta keep a little perspective, huh?

:)

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

Even if my house had burned down, I'm still not sure I would trade my life for yours....
Hang in there trooper!

Anonymous said...

Although I haven't entertained nearly the kind of excitement as you have in your household, I'm tired of extended deployment too! I'm hanging in there with you!!
Love,
Amanda