Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Paybacks

Someone asked me today, what was my top Alaskan 5? I have to say...

*seeing a black AND brown bear (along with a few dozen moose) in my back yard rank pretty high
*Northern lights from the bathroom window...
*watching the (ceremonial)start of the Iditarod...
*driving deep into Denali National Park...
*sending my girls to ski on the only mountain where you can see the ocean as you swish down the slopes...
*ahhh-can't forget ice fishing!!!!
The list of what I did/experienced is diminished only by what I wanted to do during our extended Alaskan Cruise.

None the less, one of my greatest hopes has been to see whales...big beautiful whales-in their own enviroment. Well...

Tim went fishing with the next door neighbor on Saturday. Now don't get me wrong, I'm so happy for Tim...my only disappointment/regret is not sending my camera with him. None the less, in the exact same area we went on a "whale cruise" with my dad nearly 3 years ago, Tim went fishing and caught a few photos of some Orcas-along with some yummy halibut!

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

Wow!! They look so HEALTHY compared to the ones I see at Sea World! Well...you could always end up back in AK if Tim gets a battalion command there, right? Don't worry, I won't wish that for you. :)

Unknown said...

http://heylookatmykid.blogspot.com/


The 1st picture has a little something for you.