Friday, December 23, 2005

Snowzilla


The Anchorage Daily News had this article on Monday and then a new one today. After reading the article on Monday, I loaded everyone up in the car for a surprise visit to the 16 foot snowman.

It's really cool-for lack of better words, but my favorite part of the whole thing is not the snowman, it's the decor surrounding the snowman. This guy isn't one bit worried about a sad melting snowman littering his lawn this summer (yeah, it'll probably be there that long) The snowman's yard is comparable to any yard one might find deep in the hills of Kentucky or Virginia (or the Northern Neck). However, this is in the heart of Anchorage, just down the street from a mall. Snowzilla is just one of many many ornaments in the yard on this quiet neighborhood street. Yes, that's the guys house behind the truck and tree. I'm sure the neighbors are thrilled.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is it any coincidence his name is "Billy Ray"?

Have a good Christmas, all!!

davis5 said...

Oh m'gosh Kristen, how did I miss his name!!! Have I jinxed my girls to eternal hickdom with the whole 2 name name?

Anonymous said...

Aren't your girls' name all one word, though? I believe THAT is the difference. Plus, I will forever think of good ol' Billy Ray Cyrus and his mullet.

Anonymous said...

Snowzilla is getting quite a bit of coverage. He was featured on the second page of the Kansas City Star on Christmas day. They referred to him as "Snow-Kong". I think his pic would have looked better with the one you took with LA and SB in front of him.

Anonymous said...

This snowman got a photo in the Virginian-Pilot too - I think it was just after the prarie dog debacle in our local zoo!! Poppy