Wednesday, July 16, 2008

3 and 1/2 days on a ferry...

So, for me, so far, the most difficult time was the time between our 11am check out in Haines to our 6:30pm showtime for the ferry. First off, being a man without a home is never comforting...then to not be sure of all that the next 84 hours holds is just down right miserable. Of course, once we pulled the car into the belly of the boat and got our stuff into our cabin, I was just fine.

The cabin was a bunk bed with a couch that turned into another single bed. Above it was yet another single bed that could sort of fold into the wall a la murphy bed style. In addition to that we had a small tiny sink , toilet and shower. None the less, there was just enough floor space for the additional family member to sleep on the floor.

The main observation area was a true study in the sociology. Ya know what? I'll spare you the details for now, but we saw enough whales to partially soothe my great whale spotting desire...and enough rain that we were looking for Noah...or...a typical day in the Alaska banana belt.

Here's the quick pics before I head to my sleeping bag somewhere here in the middle of the Badlands in South Dakota. Who knew campgrounds had wi-fi!

Here's a little guy waving at me...



And my fav...moma and her babies...

No comments: