Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Just to catch you all up...

...if for some reason you didn't know.

We hit the ground on 7 July and Tim got his truck early the next morning. We stayed in billeting for about 10 days. It doesn't seem that bad looking back, but a small room and only a microwave gets old quick. The next Thursday we went and FINALLY got my beautiful Honda Pilot, on Friday we signed for the house...hey...nothin' but money!!!

We got into the house Monday AM, and our hold baggage (a small shipment with pots and pans and bedding) came that afternoon. Two weeks later our regular shipment came in. After it arrived, I wanted them to take it all back (except the washer and dryer). I'm so embarrassed of the massive quantities of stuff we have!! By Friday, two truck loads of dirt had been dumped on our front lawn and this recent weekend we put in our yard.

Yes, one of the joys of new home ownership here is NOT having grass. But God smiled on our hard work and we are having record highs (70's) and no rain to wash away all our money and hard work. But I'll post about all that good stuff later.

So, we are here. We have our internet up and running, and I no longer have my cell phone, so YOU call ME...off peak hours for you is still early in the evening for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Alaska Natives! I've never known anyone that had a blog! Loved seeing all of the pictures of those gorgeous kids -- what is really a "baby ruth" in the pool? That was my guess too! I have great pictures of you taken at our
1-4 reunion in June (all six of us and our kids!) I'll try to scan them and e-mail them to you soon! I'm working full time now - RN, Columbus Regional in Columbus, Ga!
I'm too busy, but very happy! So, become Alaska residents -- that dividend fund will help pay for that yard and the Honda Pilot! Love the house - where is it? Hope you are all settled in and enjoying the last few weeks (or days!) of sunshine!
We miss you! Tara and the Men!