Thursday, August 11, 2005

The Sunshine


Here's a picture of the girls around 10:30 P.M. on July 15th. It's really strange to have this lingering daylight when you get up to go to the bathroom at 2:00 in the morning. We are losing about 4-5 minutes of light a day, sometimes nearly 6, so our long days are coming to an end.

Ofcourse, my biggest concern when we got in the house was how to keep the rooms dark enough for us to sleep. I'm not quite ready to commit to the window treatments so my temporary solution was aluminum foil and masking tape. I put the girls in SB's room...she's in the back of the house and only has one window, so no one could see the foil. Jamison got some temporary shades that literally sticker to the top of the window frame thereby fooling the neighbors into thinking I had actually come up with a better plan than foil...I guess I was "foiling" them HAHAHAHA But WalMart finally got another shipment of room darkening shades in, so no more foil and we can let the daytime sunshine in.

LeighAnne's room still isn't ready. She has a "sunburst" window and I don't know quite what to do...any suggestions would be appreciated.

No comments: