Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Why I hate/love being an Army wife

Why I hate being an Army wife:

---never finishing a bottle of ketchup, fingernail polish remover, ArmorAll, superglue, or mouthwash without having to throw them away

---having to buy a new bottle of ketchup, fingernail polish remover, ArmorAll, superglue and mouthwash everytime I move

---trying to remember my old phone number for billing references, my new phone number for new billing references and my best friends phone number for morale support all in one day

---add zip codes to the equation above

---finding new friends...not just people to talk to, but friends

---never seeing the same doctor twice

---not buying a black car because we might go to Texas-only to go to Alaska

---not buying a new winter coat because we might go to Hawaii-only to go to Alaska

---how many times can you hang the same curtains and pictures????

---knowing my friends are going to war

---knowing some aren't coming home



Why I wouldn't change a thing:

--cadence waking you in the morning

--knowing why people are standing still in the PX parking lot at 5:00

--The National Anthem before a movie

--literally having friends all around the world

--Paris

--Tuscany

--Rome

--Oktoberfest

finally...

--the drive "home"


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very good Dona.

Dad

The Cowan's said...

Well, now I'm sobbing. Miss you guys.

Anonymous said...

why I love my fellow Army wives!!!!!!!