Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Ok, so back to 2005

Looking through my December pictures, I realized I left out a few events, so let's go back-shall we?

LeighAnne had her school choir concert the same night as one of the balls (formal events) on post. When I realized the conflict, I called Tim and told him to take me off the RSVP list, and (I never do this) I gently reminded him that this time next year he probably won't be here to see LA's concerts. So, he too came off the list.

That night was crazy. It had been exceptionally warm and most of the roads had started to thaw. However, by the time we got in the car a nasty wind was blowing and everything was a solid sheet of ice. When we were leaving, there was a blown over trash can in our way, so I got out to move it. When I hit the driveway, I literally slid all the way down. I then waved to let Tim know to just drive down and pick me up. I watched the cars wheels stop rolling, but the car kept going!!! Tim gave a warning honk to make sure I was out of the way. As we slid down our neighborhood to the school I wondered how many people would actually show up to the concert.

Now, you all know I've been to a few choir concerts in my life, but I have to say I was initially turned off by the casualness of the event. No trees, lights...the kids were in blue jeans and their choir shirts. But I was impressed with the energy of the music teacher-and the energy he pulled from the 165 students.


Here's a picture of LeighAnne. Notice how she's not facing the same way as the rest of the group? That's because she's singing to Jamison. It absolutely killed me that she wasn't watching the conductor. I could hardly relax during the first couple of songs. But Tim gave me the evil eye and mouthed the words "she's nine!" so I settled down and enjoyed the moment. And I was glad I did-she made this Moma proud.

No comments: