Thursday, January 19, 2006

The reason I blog

I responded to the question "Why do you blog?" today. And I have to tell you and show you.

1. I'm miserable at following thru. I have a letter/check for someone sitting in front of me right now that has been sitting here since stamps were 37 cents (damn 2 cents)

2. I never manage to take a picture, develop the picture and send the picture in the same year. I have undeveloped film from LA's kindergarten field trip.

3. I don't write thank you cards. When we moved here, I came across undelivered thank you cards from my WEDDING (also see #1)

4. I lose phone numbers all the time (right Kristen?)

5. I can start a blog entry, walk away and the computer will save it for me. Handwritten letters get lost in the piles of paper.

I could go on and on. but, but, but moments like this...moments where you feel so blessed to be able to raise a child and watch them grow...moments that you can't wait to tell/share with everyone...blogging for me are for these moments...



Jamison started sleeping in his new big boy train bed this week. I can hear him playing after I put him down, but if he doesn't cry, I don't bother him. Here's what I found after the noise died down. He carefully lined those trains up into the grooves of that bed and fell asleep playing trains.

This is my train boy. The boy who won't say "Go Cats"(just training for Uncle Doug's visit) instead he says "no, Go Trains"...who thinks potty training just sounds wrong...and will tell any and everyone who will listen that he sleeps in a choo-choo bed.

This is why I blog. I hope you enjoy these moments as much as I do.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have a great excuse for losing phone numbers- we're old!! No, really- it's b/c you move every couple of years. How are you expected to keep organized?

Anonymous said...

Jamison sure favors his Popa when he is asleep like that, don't you think?

Anonymous said...

Dona, I'm glad you take the time to blog what ever your reasons, and post pictures for us to view. May not take the time to comment on every post but I read and view the pic's many times. I mailed out two letters this morning with two 37 cent stamps on each. (I think it is 37 gone to 39) If not I wasted two stamps.

Anonymous said...

I now have the blog on my favorites. Youo are a good momma.

Anonymous said...

Smart nephew, why say "Go Cats" when Gators just chomp on them for snacks. :)

BTW - is it true UK is less than 100 yrs old? I read that in an in-flight magazine. Weird.