Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Thar' she blows


My girl Augustine didn't let me down. I've been waiting for her to go for awhile, and with 180 miles separating us, I know we aren't in immediate danger. But it is just enough excitement to have the school district to call me with an automated message updating me on school volcano policy. How cool!

I've been following all the volcanoes via the Alaska Volcano Observatory and just happened to check in this morning around 9:00 when the site went a little crazy and locked up on me...after refreshing it, I was surprised to see Augustine updated to a RED. I was so excited to share the news, but would you believe there wasn't a soul was home to talk to!


Anyway, the ash is blowing west, so we are OK for now. I have to admit I don't want the ash to come this way-doesn't sound like alot of fun...but I'll keep you updated on any more excitement.

No comments: